Monday, April 19, 2010

Quite a scare

After I have printed some documents, I went to SM Bacolod to check out the movies and eat at Mcdonalds. The movies featured still wasn't change so I just went off to Booksale and National Bookstore to check on some books. Then I went to McDonalds.

I seated after I ordered Cheeseburger, large fries, regular coke and a Monster Coke float as take out. I ate the fries and drank the coke, when I hiccuped and suddenly it went bad. I don't know what exactly happened but I felt like I can't breathe. I tried to and all I got was a weird, wheezing sound and I felt that no air was going into my lungs. I thought, Oh no, This can't be happening.

I panicked. I went over to their washing area. I started coughing. You see, coughing is our bodies' defensive reflex to prevent choking. I tried to breathe again, but still it hasn't improved. I walked out of McDonalds and went out to the hallway to prevent further claustrophobic reactions. I continued coughing on the way out, walking a few steps, until on my next breath I felt that it was back to normal. No more wheezing sound and I felt that air was going in.

"Lord, please help me" was all I could think about. I was scared because knowing the Philippines, I don't think malls are equipped with emergency devices if I really choked. And who would do a Heimlich maneuver if it really got worse? Total horror. I was glad that I was still given some chance.

I realized that I am vulnerable. My life could get snuff out of me anytime, anywhere. I am humbled and I shouldn't take my life for granted as I have been doing. I should live the best life I wanted to live. Not to just pass along without doing anything significant. From now on, I'll try my best to do the things I wanna do, pursue them to the best of my ability. No more maƱana habits. I've learned you will never know if you are still given the opportunity.

I thank the Lord God Jesus Christ for protecting me today. Despite of being a black sheep for almost a year now, my prayer was answered. I am safe.

No comments: